In deciding what kind of vibe this little passion project of a blog would have, I kept returning to the importance of depth and open dialog within this community surrounding obstacles and issues we face personally in this lifestyle but also as human beings on earth.
Some of the most important things we are learning about as we go are land stewardship, outdoor preparedness, mental health + well-being, inclusivity, environmental consciousness…among many others. So, let’s be honest, we don’t need another blog filled with the repetitive ‘content’ and pretty pictures selling a lifestyle. Let’s have a conversation that might get us somewhere better, right?!
Here is a list of blogs and articles I enjoy reading by others who are more qualified than myself on an array of subjects:
Tips for staying safe in National Parks: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/features/tips-for-staying-safe-in-national-parks/
Overwhelm of visitors in National Parks:
Safely View Wildlife in the Outdoors
What are Rock Cairns for?
So you want to be an influencer?
1. – https://www.today.com/series/things-i-wish-i-knew/child-free-marriage-11-things-i-want-you-know-t112788
2. – https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-21662/my-husband-and-i-chose-to-be-childfree-heres-what-no-one-understands.html
- Leave No Trace: https://lnt.org/
- Natives Outdoors – https://www.natives-outdoors.org/
- Unlikely Hikers – https://linktr.ee/unlikelyhikers
- Keeping Nature Wild – https://keepnaturewild.com/
- Katie Boué – http://themorningfresh.com/